Monday, June 25, 2007

Michigan State Championship Time Trial

Sunday was a beautiful day at Hines Park. The Wolverines, once again, organized a spectacular event. Thank you Fred Nemenski and all the volunteers.

Renee, Kelly and Mary raced the 40K individual TT, and added Maia to the mix for the 20K team time trial. There were only two all-women's teams in the TTT event, and the Wolverine women finished 2nd, but the important thing was that it gave them a chance to practice some good skills.


Mary Ward - 3rd place - Masters Women 50-54

"I thought I was just having a really bad day until I realized after both races that my front brake was rubbing the whole time!"


Kelly Paterson- 4th place - Elite Women 1/2/3

"It was a fun day for my first long time trial. I was pretty happy with how I did in the individual TT. What I don't understand is why it seemed windy in BOTH directions. Doesn't that defy the laws of science somehow?"

Renee Schroeder- 6th place - Elite Women 1/2/3

"I wasn't feeling well for those races. My time was much slower than last year. It's going to take a bit longer for my body to fully recover."

Maia Orabi - "I felt like Lance Armstrong out there pulling my team in the team time trial! It was really fun and good to practice pacelining with the team."

No comments: