Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cyclocross is fun!

DIRT IS GOOD!
Speed is good.
Scabs are good.
Life is good.
I had such a blast racing...well riding with a number on my back...at the KTR Double Cross races in Davisburg. Including the flat tire, two dropped chains, two crashes and a sprained thumb. Laughing at the comedy of errors was the best part. It was a cool course. I have no idea how it compares as Saturday was the first time I've done it. I like the attitude of some of the women who do it. They say "I don't care if I finish last. It's a blast and it's a great workout." Suits me perfectly.

Hob-nobbing with the pros was fun too!



I learned a ton about 'cross techniques from this guy from his must-have DVD: http://www.cycle-smart.com/store/home.html

Adam Myerson, the Cycle-Smart founder and president, races for the Nerac Professional Cycling Team. He's also a member of the UCI Cyclo-Cross Commission, the International Association of Cyclo-Cross Organizers (AIOC-Cross), and President of the New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series.

I did say that I missed running.


'Cross is fun! .. and, oh yeah, it's a little tiring...

No comments: